Have you ever wished to eat as much as you want and don’t gain weight? Well, if I had to choose between this and 1 billion dollars, I would prefer not to gain weight. And this is also the dream of the majority of women I know.
Well, there are certain foods which are very low in calories! They are great for a snack or when you have cravings but want to keep your body shape and weight under control. This way, after eating, you will not feel guilty that you’ve eaten between lunch and dinner or had a late-night snack. It is not the same as snacking with chips or sweets, yet if you prepare them properly, they can be a great, healthy substitute.
If you are not a fan of following diets and eating regimes, simply focus on substituting your in-between-meals-snacks with the foods mentioned in this article! I promise that you will see an effect not only on your body but also on your health!
So let’s see the list of top 7 foods that can help you to lose weight without effort and how to convert them into snacks!
- 100 grams of cucumber contain only 15 kcal, which you burn through the metabolic process of digesting the cucumber. 
- Have high water content; thus they make you feel full and hydrated.
- Contain high doses of vitamins A and C, which act as antioxidants to flush the toxins and unnecessary substances out of the body. 
- Can make your skin look more supple and hydrated.
Snack: Just cut the cucumber in long sticks and put some salt on them. If you want, you can add other spices, such as black pepper, oregano or dill.
- 100 grams of asparagus contain 23 kcal, which you burn naturally by digesting it. 
- Rich in dietary fiber, vitamins A, B, C, E, K and chromium, potassium, iron.
- May regulate blood sugar levels, balance the production of insulin, act as antioxidants to decrease the free radical damage (damage caused by pollution, stress, UV rays, malnutrition, smoking, etc.)  
- May promote healthy skin and diminish the signs of premature aging (wrinkles, fine lines, pigmentation).
Snack: Season the asparagus with salt, pepper and a little bit of olive oil. Grill them in a pan or bake them in the oven.
100 grams of zucchini contain 15 kcal, which you usually burn through the process of digesting them.
Contain high doses of vitamins B2, B6, B9, C, K, potassium, and dietary fiber. 
Have antioxidant properties, and help to flush the toxins out of the body, as well as reduce inflammations, and slow down the process of aging.
Can balance the blood sugar levels and support healthy digestion and reduces the risk of obesity.
May improves the function of the thyroid and the adrenal glands. 
Find out the foods to eat and avoid for healthy thyroid gland in our dedicated article!
Snack: Cut the zucchini in thin slices, without peeling it. Season with salt, pepper and a few drops of olive oil, and bake in the oven until they become crispy.
- 100 grams of apples contain about 50 kcal, which you burn through the process of digesting the apple. 
- Contain high amounts of dietary fiber (pectin) in their skin, which can promote healthy digestion system. 
- Rich in vitamin C, potassium, and antioxidants, which can support proper heart function. 
Snack: Cut the apples in slices, without peeling the skin. Sprinkle some cinnamon and shredded coconut on top.
- 100 grams of limes contain 30 kcal, which you usually burn through the process of digesting the fruit.
- 1 lime contains about 20% of your daily vitamin C needs, which may support your immune system.
- Rich in vitamins from the B group, magnesium, potassium, and iron. Those are related to reduced risk of heart disease and may help your skin to be glowing and vibrant with balanced pigmentation. 
Snack: Peel the lime, cut it in slices, and pour some maple syrup, honey or another sweetener on top.
*If eating lime slices is too sour for you, you can add some lime juice or lime cubes to your water. This way, you will smooth the sourness.
- 100 grams of berries contain averagely 40 kcal, which you burn by digesting the fruits. 
- Rich in antioxidant vitamins A and C, which can protect the body (and skin) from free radical damage.
- Contain high doses of dietary fiber, which balances your blood sugar levels and prevents sharp spikes of insulin production. This makes the berries one of the few fruits which are suitable for keto eating regime. 
- May lower your bad cholesterol levels, reduce inflammation in the body. 
Snack: Just wash well and cut berries of your choice (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, or others). Mix them together to make a fruit salad.
*If you find that berries are too sour for you, you can add some 0 calorie sweetener.
Find out 7 impressive health benefits of berries!
- 100 grams of watermelon contain 30 kcal, which you burn in the metabolic process of digesting it.
- Rich in vitamin A, B and C, potassium, magnesium, selenium, phosphorus, and dietary fiber. 
- Has an antioxidant effect on the body and skin, may improve digestion, balance blood sugar levels, and decrease the risk of obesity, diabetes, and heart disease. 
- Has high water content. Therefore, it can hydrate the body and skin, and relieve constipation.
Snack: Peel the watermelon, remove the seeds, and cut in pieces of choice.
For a week, try to substitute every unhealthy snack with one of the fruits and vegetables mentioned in this blog post. Monitor the effects on your energy levels, skin, and overall wellbeing and share your experience with us!