We have already talked about the PROs and CONs of fruits, and the fact that they can be both healthy and harmful to our health.
But in this article, you will find the healthiest fruits out there! The ones that can be called “Superfoods” because of their beneficial properties!
Let’s dive in!
Which are the healthiest fruits?
They have high vitamin A and C content, potassium, fiber, and folic acid. Citrus fruits are orange, lemon, mandarin, lime, grapefruit, pomelo, and others. The benefits which only citrus fruits give you are:
- Protect you from lung, stomach, breast, and pancreas cancer.
- Keep you full for a longer time, due to high water and fiber content, yet are low in calories. Also, they help with digestion.
- Support kidney functions. They release high citrate levels, which prevent the formation of kidney stones and break down already formed ones.
- Rich in B vitamins. Citrus fruits are the fruits which have the highest B vitamins content. Thus they boost your energy and prevent any vitamin B-complex deficits.
Berries are the fruits that are the richest of antioxidants. This type of fruits includes strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, blackberry, cranberry, goji berry, grapes, acai berries, and others. The benefits which only berries give you are:
- Reduce stress levels. Due to the high antioxidant content (anthocyanins, ellagic acid, and resveratrol), they prevent and reduce oxidation processes in the body, thus balance out your stress levels. So next time you feel pushed to the limit, eat some berries.
- Balance blood sugar levels. Long term berries consumption can lead to lower blood sugar levels and can cure insulin resistance by making the body cells more sensitive to insulin.
- Help with weight management, as a result of balanced blood sugar levels.
- Can be consumed during all types of diets, as they have a low glycemic index, low carb, and high fiber content.
- Reduce inflammations. Due to their high antioxidant content, berries relieve symptoms of intense inflammation caused by free radical damage.
There are some health benefits, which you can find in some specific fruits, such as:
- Help you lose weight. Apples are the only fruits which make you burn calories. 1 Apple has 95 calories, but your body needs more than those 95 calories just to digest the apple. This makes you lose weight.
- Protects against brain diseases, such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
- Provide the highest content of potassium, which enhances muscle strength, boosts metabolism, and balances water content in your body.
- Provides the body with digestion enzymes and reduces the symptoms of sinusitis.
- Supplies the body with a high content of monounsaturated fat, which balances the levels of triglycerides and reduces bad cholesterol.
- Prevents and relieves the symptoms of diarrhea and constipation.