One of my favorite recipes for “cooking” oats is the one for “Overnight oats.” The good thing about this recipe is that you can adapt it to your own taste and preference. Yet there is no way you can fail while making it. “Overnight oats” are great for breakfast because you can prepare them on the previous evening. And the morning after you will have a ready and delicious meal to start your day with (you will also gain 10 more minutes of sleep in the mooring). So let’s begin with the recipe.
The ingredients you need for 1 dose (1 breakfast) are:
- 1 part old fashioned oats (it is important that you use the same type of oats)
- ½ part chia seeds (or other seeds of choice)
- ¼ part shredded coconut
- 1 part kefir (or other milk: regular, almond, rice, oat, coconut)
- Stevia (or another sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 Banana(or other fruit of choice)
How to prepare it?
Combine all the ingredients together in a cup or bowl. Stir until the sweetener is distributed equally, the oats are covered in the kefir, and everything is mixed well. Cover the top of the cup or bowl with a towel or foil (you can also use Mason jar and just close the lid). Leave in the fridge overnight and “Voila!” your breakfast is ready.