If you are fighting with stretch marks and have used all possible creams, this article if for you! Here you will learn why anti-stretch marks creams don’t work, and what are the options to REALLY get rid of those annoying scarrings.
Let’s dive in!
Why don`t creams for preventing stretch marks work?
Unfortunately, there are no products on the market that can prevent entirely prevent striae. This is the case because to avoid this skin condition, you have to boost the production of collagen and elastin in the dermis. This is totally doable, however, you have to keep the production of those two compounds high for months in a row, until the growth or weight change ends. And this is not that easy, because the skin adapts to the products which we use! If one anti-stretchmarks product is working for you for the first two months, it may lose its effectiveness for the next few months. Therefore no cream can prevent stretch marks on 100%.
How to treat appeared stretchmarks?
Since stretch marks are scars, it is very unlikely for them to disappear completely. However, there are some products which you can use to fade them away.
- Retinoid creams (do NOT use those creams if you are pregnant or breastfeeding)
- Glycolic acid creams and serums. They strip the outer skin layer and help to fade any types of scars.
Keep in mind that you have to be patient when you treat your striae with those products. Be consistent and do not lose hope!
There are also other ways to fade stretch marks:
- Getting a medical tattoo. This is very effective because in only 30 minutes you can get rid of the annoying scars. The medical tattoos even out the skin tone by adding color to the stretchmarks and making them invisible. They blend into the skin that surrounds them. Usually, there is no need to redo this kind of tattoo, because it is very unlikely for it to fade.
- Laser treatment. This option is quite expensive and time-consuming, as at least 3 laser sessions (usually one session = 30 minutes) are needed for the effective fade of the stretchmarks. However, the results are perfect, as you will forget that you`ve struggled with stretchmarks before!
- Dermabrasion. This is a deep exfoliating technique which improves the appearance of the outer skin layer. The results are only temporary; thus if you have only a few dermabrasion sessions, you may notice that your scars become visible again. One session is about 30 minutes, and if you want a long-term result, you have to undergo this treatment multiple times.
Those alternative methods for getting rid of stretch marks can be pricy, especially the dermabrasion. However, they are far more effective than using any kind of cream.